I am now accepting private students in Austin, TX!
Throughout my years at the College of Music, Mahidol University in Thailand and at Idyllwild Arts in southern California, I have had experience teaching:
- Undergraduate and Graduate piano performance majors
- Precollege piano majors
- Theory classes
- Beginning Group Piano Class
- Collaborative Piano
- Chamber Music
I have also taught at community music schools and had a number of private students from beginners through advanced students.
In my teaching, I emphasize:
- physical relaxation and freedom
- developing a personal connection to the music
- patience and a positive, nurturing learning environment
- healthy, effective practice habits
- performance strategies
- defining and achieving goals
- eliminating personal blocks
Sharing the world of music with others is an honor! More than anything, I want my students to love music and to love the piano, which has been my lifelong companion. Whether you are just wanting to learn piano for fun, or whether you are preparing for a performance, audition, or competition, I can help you achieve your goals!